Good day!

So I haven’t updated in forever! OOPS!

The Fletcher household has been VERY busy!

A week ago today my mom had her surgery!! She’s been doing fabulous! The drains have been bothering her a lot, but her pain isn’t too bad!

So I really have been thinking about updating. Each day I decide I’m going to, I get distracted or too tired.

The first update I was going to do, was actually on the day of my mom’s surgery! She did wonderful and I was so proud of her. But really I wanted to tell you about, “A Day in the Life of the Fletcher’s.”

I’ll go ahead and summarize that day for you. I just want to say, this situation has been really strange because I’ve been able to be on both sides, I’ve been the one in surgery and the one waiting on someone in surgery now.

So we got to the hospital at 6:30am–my mom, dad, and I. We waited with Mom for about an hour and a half, while they got her dressed for surgery and all that business, then we went and waited while she went to nuclear medicine. (I did this too, this is where they inject dye to be able to see your lymph nodes, or something.) Dad and I waited for an hour and a half for this (with me, it was 45 minutes so we were kind of concerned). We finally saw Mom come out, and I pretty much through a fit, and they let Dad and I put scrubs on so we could go back with her to get her IV and meet with the doctor before surgery. (We weren’t really totally supposed to be back there!)

So mom started surgery at 10:17am, and Dad and I went to wait in the waiting room. By 12:07 Dr. Limpert came out and said the first part of the surgery went super well! Since we knew we had approximately 2 hours before the plastic surgeon would be done, Dad went to get food, and I waited for Shirlee and saved our seat in the waiting room….When Shirlee got there and Dad was back we went to search out some gluten free food at the hospital…guess what, they don’t have any unless you’re a patient. I was starving and getting a little crabby at this point because all I had for breakfast at 5am was a blueberry muffin, and around 10 some potato chips…so I ordered PF Changs….Shirlee and I went to get it, and mom finished up surgery while we were gone. THEN we got to go wait for mom in her sweet room for two hours!

By the time mom got to the room it was around 4, and I was already absolutely exhausted…(just for reference, Mom’s surgery was exactly 4 weeks to the day after my surgery). I had been walking around the hospital, carrying a heavy bag and sitting in uncomfortable chairs since 6:30am. Shirlee and I stayed at the hospital until 9:45pm. By the time we got home and I got in bed at 11, I passed out!!!

We were back to the hospital at 8:00am and Mom was way more alert (obviously) and talkative! πŸ™‚ Luckily she got to go home at around 1:00 that day so we were home around 1:30. We got her comfortable and I went to Target to get her medicine. This was my first time driving by myself, which is way harder than I expected. Pushing a cart around Target is not the easiest thing in the world either, when your chest muscles are weaker than an infants.

So her days have pretty much been what mine were the previous weeks, Reba and Will and Grace…

I however have been a busy busy bee taking care of Mom and myself.

Thursday and Friday were hard because my stretching was painful so I was kind of lazy but on Saturday when Jeff was here, I started feeling way better. We went to whole foods, and we made dinner and did all the dishes!!!! WHOOOO!!! I was exhausted from that too.

Yesterday was the worst, I pulled weeds, OH MY GOSH, my legs are so sore today it’s insane!!!!!!!

I also did laundry but that doesn’t matter, pulling weeds is painful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Throughout all of this, I do want to say some days do suck and it’s painful but it could be so much worse. I am really blessed to have been able to have this surgery and prevent something far worse.

Thanks for reading! Please feel free to share this with anyone going through a similar experience.

Love always,

Allie Boo ❀

5 thoughts on “Good day!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s